Search
Close this search box.

1929 – Meeting led by Mrs. J Shields brought an organized Catholic presence to Bartlett.

1942  First Catholic Mass in Bartlett, presided by Father Peter Gail from St. Isidore’s held in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Buerger.  A second floor area in local Bartlett factory set aside as chapel space.

1949  – Father Thomas Horne appointed  by Cardinal Stritch to form St. Peter Damian Parish.  Groundbreaking on Thanksgiving Day.

1950 – Cornerstone laid in May.  First Mass in new church in September.

1952 – Cardinal Stritch dedicated the new Church.

1953 – Church heavily damaged by fire caused by lightning strike.

1973 – Father Jerome Klug appointed new pastor as Father Horne retired.

1976 – Parish Administration building completed.  Now called “Parish Office”.

1980 – John Cardinal Cody, Archbishop of Chicago, dedicated new church as part of a multipurpose building, the Parish Life Center (PLC) (Now called the Main Church)

1990 – Father Klug retired after completing another major parish project – Hardy Hall. Father William Lupo appointed new pastor.

1999 – PLC renovated.  Parish 50th Anniversary celebrated.

2002 – Father John Murray administrator.

2003 – Father Thomas Hoffman appointed new pastor.

2006-2008 – Sharing Christ’s Gifts Campaign contributed to major improvements including two religious statues.

2009 – Father Walter Takuski appointed new pastor.

2010 – Parish 60th Anniversary celebrated.

2014 – Father Walter, Rich Paulsen, and Kristen Dompke began plans to open a preschool at the parish.  The first class of Precious Tots Preschool was held September 2, 2014.

2016-2021 – To Teach Who Christ Is Capital Campaign contributed to major renovations and improvements to the main church.

2016 – Father Christopher Ciomek appointed new pastor.